mercredi, octobre 22

Lust

So I'm a recent convert of the website cork'd - it's basically a social networking site (like yelp or whatever) but you review wine. Now, we all know how I feel about a tasty bottle of red, and I'm always on the lookout for new bottles. Today, for example, I was reading about a new (to me, anyway) region of France - the Basque. Sure sure the Basque region of Spain is well known and accounted for (terrorists, good food, etc) but France? I had no idea.

It just goes to prove to me how much traveling I really need to do. I mean, I haven't even seen all of CANADA, never mind the US. I've never been to Mexico, and I want, nay NEED to explore more of Europe than Great Britain and southern Spain. I may want to do it all as a crazy food tour. Does that make me a bit obsessed? Possibly... But I don't actually care too much.

And how much of a country can you see in 2wks? Like, do you pick your two weeks and choose one specific region per year, go there, and hope to see it all in your lifetime? Too many people bank on being able to travel once they retire, but who knows what will happen with the economy. Will everyone be left sans job security and/or pension funds (not like I have either at the mo, but you know what I'm talking about)?



Anyhoo.... If the wine thing is your bag, baby (or should I see right up your terroir), send me an email or whatevs and I'll add you as a friend or viceyversy.