dimanche, février 19

for german, who sees the world in colour

my friend has gone to mexico for a couple of weeks, and he came online today and was telling me about this cuban jazz bar he went to last night. when the bar closed he ended up at this little after hours blues bar, hanging out till 6am.

ah i need a holiday.

when i was out with boy australia last night, we popped into a pub by the hotel for a drink before the movie. while we were there, we ran into a couple of his coworkers. you could see them giving me the once-over, trying to figure out who i am, why he's holding my hand. i'm sure he'll have some questions to answer tomorrow.

i'm really sleepy, though. i never sleep well in a strange place, and boy australia is a small block heater. i swear to god i thought i was going to die, a couple of times, i was so hot.

ok that might be a bit of an exaggeration. just a little, though. i may have actually been near death once or twice. maybe three times.

german asked me why i always take pictures in black and white. i think i just like the silvery exposure - like old time movie photos. we have a picture of my gramma (on my dad's side) taken when she was a young woman done in the old hollywood glamour style. she was a beautiful lady. i've always loved the picture, and kind of wished i could have the same kind taken of me. so i guess i'm just trying to take my own. plus i find it really hard to take pictures of myself in colour for some reason - i guess it's not as forgiving a medium.

ahh i'm tired. i'm going to wash my face and climb into bed. goodnight xoxo