vendredi, mars 10

and another

why raspberrysundae? (bigtrav)

well if we were to ask saussure he would say that 'raspberrysundae' is an arbitrary designation - a signifier which has absolutely no real connection to me, the girl (the signified).

jung would say that it raspberrysundae is a symbol which allows me to experience my unconcious, allowing me to harmonize with the archetypal forces of the universe.

freud would recognize raspberrysundae as a manifestation of my id - my primitive sexual impulses which require instant gratification and release.

simone de beauvoir would say that raspberrysundae is the essence of who i was before i conformed to the standards and behaviours which society expects a 'normal' woman to embody if she desires acceptance.

foucault would ask whether or not raspberrysundae complies with the rules of meaning - if it does, it may mean something. if it does not, it means nothing at all.

umberto eco would say that raspberrysundae is a field of meaning rather than a string of meaning - it is an open, dynamic text. it does not limit the mind to a single thread of interpretation.

i think i agree with eco. what about you?