lundi, décembre 20

four days!

so the countdown to the "big" day has begun. let the presenting begin!

i actually have 1.5 more gifts to purchase - my dad and the kiddo's dad/partner. my dad is quite literally the WORST person to shop for. he just buys himself whatever he wants, whenever he wants it. and lately, well since her buying power has doubled, my sister has been coming up with these great gifts which are almost impossible to compete with. for example: his birthday this year was a sailing lesson on a tall ship. (this is me making a blank 'i have no idea' face)

i participated in the amateur gourmet's secret santa cookbook exchange this year. to my delight and wonder, when i got home from work the other day there was a cookbook waiting for me. i'm so excited to try cooking from it - i think there might even be something in this one that my family will enjoy, wonder of wonders... i sent mine off as well - i selected a healthy fusion style cookbook (the name of which escapes me at the moment) with lots of beautiful photos. i hope whomever the recipient is enjoys it.

i've got one day of work, then two days off, then work for half a day, then i'm off for almost two weeks of paid vacation. how fun is that?! the kiddo is going up to visit his dad for a week, mr newly single is coming to the west coast, and the divine ms. u and i are heading to whistler for new year.

plus, my blog is almost 1 year old. what should i do to celebrate? offer a 'date with raspberry sundae' contest? if you win, you get to take me out to dinner and i promise to be cute and companionable? sounds like a good idea to me... what should the contest involve?