jeudi, avril 21

5 minutes

**edit - i'm going back in to fix some grammar...

so the idea is to write for five minutes. five minutes without pause, without interuption, without censorship. ahh... censorship - now there's the rub. how does one allow one's head to simply ... flow... simply write what i'm thinking and not worry about who will read or what people will think? am i entertaining you? please, let me entertain you.

welcome to my brain - this roughshod flurry of words and thoughts pouring forth from my fingertips is the way i run, most of the time... slow down, raspby, people say as my tongue runs away from me trying to keep up with the flash flash of neural impulse at work in my head. slow down, raspby, people say as i rush headlong from one passion to the next, just a half a breath behind my heart.

maybe it's good things are going slowly, she said to me. *some* people i know tend to rush into things. who's to say what's rushing, is my retort. in hummingbird moments i'm moving at glacial speeds. (oops cheated there - went back and replaced 'cat' with 'hummingbird' 'cause 'hummingbird' has never been used in these pages before')

ever see a bird try and escape from a room? it throws its chest against the glass again and again. the sight of freedom, just within reach, is enough to inspire it to beat itself to death - beat itself with the very thing that confines it. my question to you is- is it really trying to get free? or to destroy that which stops its flight?

(time, gentlemen)