mardi, octobre 19

parent - teacher evenings

well, unlike the far more civilized school of mr newly's offspring, the kiddo's school did not serve me wine. they did eat mandarin oranges in front of me though. damn them all. however, they did give me the reassuring news that, despite his stubborn resistance to finishing all tasks math in nature, my son is doing well in his classes. indeed, they were discussing his potential future in the "arts 101" program at ubc - a highly focused program that combines history, english and philosophy, or a political science program at one of the local colleges. it's neat to hear educators talking about how impressed they are with your 15yr old's grasp of politics and current events, and his quality as a writer.

aside from that, i am home sick with a headache today. i believe that my headache may be about 6' tall and be commonly referred to as 'mr married' hereabouts. actually that's not entirely true, but i do think that the fact that my headache originated around the same time as i decided to tell him i've finally had enough of his games can't possibly be that coincidental, you know?