samedi, octobre 23

sweaters

there's something sexy about a woman in a well-fitted sweater, isn't there? as a (rather well endowed) adolescent, i used to have a particularly impressive collection of sweaters - most soft and fuzzy. i had a 'fan' who used to try and meet up with me first thing every morning to see which one i was wearing. his favourite was this scoop-necked cream confection with a fitted body that flaired out lightly over the hips and loose sleeves that came down over my knuckles. come to think of it, that sweater was one of my faves, too - warm, snuggly, and people liked to touch it.

i still have a fairly decent collection of sweaters, and they tend to lean towards fabrics that make people want to pet me. just last night i picked up two new ones - both cashmere blends. one's a great clay blue colour, and the other striped in great fall colours. normally i veer away from horizontal stripes (they tend to turn me into raspberry the walking breast) but this one has a v-neck cut deep enough that it breaks up that nasty effect. so i'm pretty excited. both are rather fitted - not so much that i can't wear them to work, but enough that paul (my highschool sweater fetishist) would be suitably impressed.

(i love consumer therapy... )

what it is about sweaters that *is* so sexy? i think for me it's that i'm wearing clothes that make me eminantly touchable. when i'm wearing clothes that i know *i* like to touch, i know that *other* people like to touch them (i.e. me) too. and feel free, by the way. once you have been welcomed into my comfort zone (i get anxious when strangers touch me, but am very cuddly with my friends) i welcome snuggles and petting of all sorts. anyhooo... i'm going to wear the stripy one today. we'll see what happens, huh?