dimanche, mars 27

behold the domesticated berry

in her natural environment - which is to say the kitchen.

i go through these 'nesty' phases, where i need to cook and clean and generally wear an apron and sweatpants and become a maniac with a mixing bowl.

now this whole thing started with me needing to change my room around which, by the way, was a project & a half. you see, i have pretty much an entire apartment worth of stuff in my room, so it took me the better part of nine hours to get it straightened out. keep in mind, of course, that i have mild OCD so there were moments when the chaos totally overwhelmed me and i had to leave the room 'cause i was on the brink of a panic attack. it was moments like that in which i spread my domesticated goodness to the kitchen...

i made a lovely thai curry with sticky rice for the kiddo and i to have for dinner last night. when it was all finished, after we had come back downstairs, he said to me "i miss the days when we used to eat all different kinds of food every day". it's hard, you see, to cook for just the two of us, because we share a kitchen with my folks. and my parents, my father in particular, are notoriously picky eaters. so... we generally just eat what's on the menu, with some slight allowances made to accomodate my allergies. anyhoo. that's a tangent.

so i finished rearranging around 9.30 last night (NINE THIRTY)... i like it, but i had a way uneasy sleep 'cause the noises are different, you know? plus i always sleep funny in a strange place. got up this morning and made coconut cinnamon scones, an apple/strawberry crisp for easter dessert, cooked a pan full of bacon for the kiddo and fed it too him with fresh baking OJ for breakfast, and could still be quite contendedly in the kitchen....