vendredi, mars 25

raspberry sundae's long weekend extravaganza

ok this is my second attempt at this post. i have a tendency to rest my foot at the front of my computer and hit the 'off' button in error.

so anyhoo... i'm on day two of my four day weekend and can feel the stress melting off my back like chocolate in a fondue pot. like an icicle in the sunshine. like fat in a deep fryer. ok maybe not that one - that's kind of gross. we'll stick with chocolate and icicles.

(back on the topic, sundae, back on point) (where was i?) (oh ya)

anyhoo - i'm pretty freakin relaxed. i had to take my sister to the airport this morning so got up really really early to have her there by 5am to catch her flight back to work. my sister has been the anti-raspberry, which is to say, she's been stressed out like crazy for a day and a half. she got a call yesterday afternoon calling her back to work TODAY - her flight left at 6am. so we did a total power shop for the stuff she needed and she ran around like a crazy woman till after midnight last night. at least she's going to have this afternoon/this evening in san diego to mellow out and get a haircut/massage/manicure or something. maybe do tequila body shots off a waitress in the hotel bar. she was pretty stressed out.

the new boy went away to hang with 'his boys' for the long weekend, and so i think i'm going to take advantage of the time to feng shui my bedroom, make chocolate pistachio rolls and hang with mike b. i haven't seen NEARLY enough of michael blackman lately, and it's bumming me out. good thing i'm kind of relaxed right now, or else i'd be stressed out about it.

the bedroom thing is pressing, though. i need to do a decent spring clean - ceremoniously shake the cobwebs out of my living space and welcome the cherry blossoms and assorted flowering tree pollen in (atchoo, by the way). i need to dust and vacuum and generally re-arrange. so i think i'll get on that.

(paused there for a minute to 'select all copy' what i've written to avoid the whole reconstructing from memory thing, since i've noticed that my big toe is straying dangerously close to the 'reset' button again.. damn thing has a mind of it's own. hey, there! right foot! keep your digits in LINE, lady!)

i need to find a tape measure and figure out if my bed will fit into the alcove under the big window. i think i'd like to spend the spring/summer sleeping tucked in there. i just have to figure out if my head should point east or west (hence the feng shui)....