vendredi, janvier 23

not having any sex in the city

pam and ibrahim and i were heading out for a post-work cocktail. i invited oana along but she had plans. she said it was rare that she actually had plans, because she usually does nothing. to which i responded in kind, much to her surprise. she said that from reading my blog it sounds like i lead an interesting life. i think that it's just because it's someone else's life. only i know the true day to day dullness of my life. not to mention exactly how much time i spend curled up with tea and the dog reading. but that's part of my 'me' time, i guess.

tomorrow i believe i shall go thrift store shopping. perhaps on main street. i need a fun new purchase or two to get me over the bad week hump. it seems like there has been more than a few of those in a row. nick told me to take him the next time i go value villaging. however.. he tends to sleep through the day and that drives me insane. i'm not good at waiting for people to get up when i want to do things with my day.

goals for the oncoming week:

  • get up in time to get to tim hortons on my way to work
  • try not to worry about the following things: boys, my figure, my rapidly shrinking intellect, money
  • try to go for a *gasp* run, since i'm doing the damn sun run


i should probably add more to this list.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
watching sex and the city makes me feel sort of odd - it's super funny, but at the same time it makes me feel both vindicated and a little alone. i like the idea of being a smart stylish successful single girl. but i sort of am afraid of the fact that they all seem a little... i don't know... lost without a man. is this my fate?