samedi, février 12

"i had no idea you were so *dirty*!"

so i've had a busy couple of evenings, kids. on thursday night i went to drink wine and have some dinner with an old friend. and, of course, by old friend i mean someone i used to sleep with. now here's the kicker with this guy - you may recall me mentioning a weekend where i went to the island and ran into someone from my past at a club while out with the lemon. well, this would be the guy. i guess he's left his wife and is looking for a place to buy here in lotusland. interesting. ANYhoo... he picked me up thursday evening and we went to this dark little place in kits and drank wine and ate chocolate raspberry cake (OH MY GOD this was good - that's all i can say about that). at about 12.30 i looked at my watch and had a brief moment of "I HAVE TO GET UP IN 5 HOURS" and went home to bed. yes by myself (though no one believed me when i said that).

last night was the evening of my sister's infamous dinner party, in which she invited a bunch of her friends over and i got to cook. actually i really like cooking, and i don't get to do it often enough, so i was delighted to do it. though, for a few moments, it looked like we were going to have 14 people and i had a bit of a panic attack 'cause i was pretty sure we didn't have enough food - though i could have figured something out. after i got off work, i picked her and her friend up at the pub down the road from her condo. they'd been drinking since 11am and so were feeling quite amicable. lately, i've had some pretty irrepressible good cheer, i was a little overtired, had snuck out of work a half an hour early, and it was a GORGEOUS afternoon, so i was in the same state of mind fairly naturally. now, part of the way i interact with my good friends, especially when we are out, has a deep level of sexy play to it. i just naturally fall into that - it's kind of part of who i am. at one point, my sister's friend (who is the boyfriend of one of her best friends) looked at me and said "i had no idea you were so DIRTY!" to which i just laughed. of COURSE i am. then he said he was a little afraid of me... which didn't, however, stop him from spraying whipped cream down my pants. hmph. i hope he didn't actually take me seriously. 'cause god knows you can't take me seriously....