lundi, février 7

to phone or not to phone?

ok here's the second part of the story.

kids, i got no follow through. i'm super good at the "wandering through the club, picking a random strange boy to make out with then abandoning him erect and frustrated on the dancefloor" thing, but not so hot with the actually sealing the deal thing. i can't quite figure out why - i think it has to do with my remarkable apathy and the fact that i'd way rather go home with my friends, wake up where i'm supposed to and go out for breakfast to laugh at myself.

well, there is also the fact that i SERIOUSLY distrust my own taste in men.

this one i noticed mostly 'cause he was cute and looked way different than the other men in that bar - i.e. he wasn't slimy, wasn't 40, and didn't qualify for the "real or fake?" game i was playing with people's hairstyles (swear to GOD donald trump's stylist did a free session in victoria on saturday afternoon). so i'm parched, and there's a big crowd at the bar. the lem hits the line for a glass of water. i see (shit what to call this one? ah yes - west49) right up at the bar. i put my hand on his shoulder and let it rest there till he turns around. "can you do me a monumental favour?" i ask. "ok" he replies. "could you get me a glass of water?" so he turns back to the bar and gets a pint glass full of ice water from the bartender. he hands it to me, i smile, and kiss him just at the corner of his mouth - not actually touching his lips, but almost - almost. that is, close enough to pique his interest, but not so close that it was creepy, too agressive, or couldn't be passed off as friendly if his previously unseen girlfriend came roaring out of a crevice with a banshee scream and a battleaxe. then i walked away.

anyhoo, long story short, after a while he came over and introduced himself, we went back to his place, etc etc. thing is, i actually followed through. now i'm not sure what to do. one of my guy friends asked me if i feel guilty about doing it. lots of girls would, he figures, but i sure don't. i'm just always super unsure of what the next step should be, you know? he gave me his number - should i call? he lives in a different city, but that's not the hugest deal in the world. he seemed really... nice. (he tried to get me to stay over, and wanted to give me vitamins (do i look malnourished?)). but then, i guess he was trying to get laid, huh? ah well - i'm sure this little piece of paper will sit on my desk for about a month, then it'll migrate to my little basket of odds and ends and phone numbers, then in about six months i'll be cleaning out the basket and wonder who the heck west49 is, anyway.