jeudi, février 3

the kiddo

is making me a party cd. i've picked a few groovy tunes that i enjoy and he's gonna put 'em together with a bunch of others in some kind of mix tape magic. he's good at that - fans of the 'disco biscuits' compilation know his work and have done the car-chair bum wiggle more than once. (you know who you are, you crazy kids).

speaking of disco biscuits - that cd took an impromptu holiday in mr. newly's laptop. i guess that makes it an international hit, huh?

the other day i was reading another blogger talking about how she couldn't smoke pot 'cause she's OCD and it makes her crazy. the only time it doesn't is when she's high on e - it was really funny to read 'cause the whole time she's describing her crazyness i'm like "oh me too!" "oh me too!". and a bunch of other people commented and were like "oh me too!". so maybe all bloggers are ocd or maybe just the ones who read that blog. or maybe nobody is and i'm not ocd but completely delusional. entirely possible.

ANYhoo. i bring this up 'cause i think my ocd is getting worse as i get older. for example - my bathroom drawers have not been the bestest shining examples of organization (i mean, who's are?) but they were divided into hair products and makeup products and sorted vaguely according to a system which made sense only to me. lately, though, this has been driving me INSANE. every morning when i open the drawers and look in and KNOW that they are organized (but only loosely and only i can tell and lately it hasn't been that clear even to me even to me) i have been barely able to contain myself from ripping them off their tracks, dumping their contents out onto the floor and sorting all morning. good for the soul, not so good for the employment status.

now, the other day when i was at ikea with my sister (yay! sister!) i discovered these great DRAWER organizers. i fairly plotzed with excitement (did i mention i went to see meet the fockers? how fabu is babs?). i picked up the organizers. i carried them around. i showed them to my sister. i eyed up their measurements and closed my eyes envisioning the gaping maw that is my own personal pit of disorganzed hell. i showed them to my sister again ("yes, yes, i KNOW. DRAWER organizers." said patiently, eyes rolling a little when she thinks i'm not looking). i carried them some more. i gazed upon them as i sat waiting for her to pick out a bedframe. i showed them to her again. and finally, finally, i purchased them.

i brought them home. i emptied my drawers (one at a time - can't have the contents comingling. that would be CHAOS). i put the organizers into the drawers (look at that snug fit! like a bug in a rug! (who thought UP that expression?)) i replaced the contents of the drawers. look! look! makeup sorted by the facial feature it is intended to be used on! and wait! what's this?! could it be?! YES! the eye shadows ARE sub-sorted by brand, colour palette and frequency of use!

yes, i'm a geek.