lundi, février 7

ripped from the headlines

well, actually, stolen from the amateur gourmet. weirdly enough, this has nothing to do with food...

1) What is the total amount of music files on your computer?

1 gig or so. i just got a new (well, new to me) computer and so i moved all of my music files from my OLD computer onto my laptop and haven't shifted them back yet. so, i'm a little low. i imagine my laptop has TONNES.

2) The CD you last bought?

kasabian ok if you like old school factory records era brit stuff, check these guys out - clubfoot is the happy mondays crossed with the stone roses and fun fun fun:

Friends, take control of me
Stalking cross' the gallery
All these pills got to operate
The colour quits and all invade us
There it goes again
Take me to the edge again
All I got is a dirty trick
I'm chasin down all walls to save ya

I tell you I want you
I'll tell you I need you
I... the blood ain't on my face
Just wanted you near me


3) What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?

thinking about the lyrics to clubfoot(above) made me want to hear the song, so i'm listening to it now.

4) Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

a) "digital bath" - the deftones. seriously, this song moves me, fills me with such longing i can't bear it some days.

b) "the outsider" - a perfect circle. this song makes me think of driving in the dark to visit the kiddo in the hospital last year. it kind of reflects some of the anger i felt at the time, and how i *just didn't understand*, you know? so listening to it makes me feel these conflicting things - but it's SO powerful: "what'll it take to get through to you precious / Over this. Why you wanna throw it away like this / Such a mess. I don't want to watch you / disconnect and self destruct one bullet it at a time / what's your rush now everyone will have his day to die"

c) "risingson" or "angel" - massive attack. "mezzanine" is one of my all time favourite albums. the first two tracks are everything that is great about the album encapsulated into 7 or so minutes. angel really makes me think of my crazyexboyfriend, but for good reasons. plus it's so DARK - they use it in snatch when the gangsters are burning the trailer down with the woman trapped inside.

d) "how soon is now" - the smiths. that would be my highschool experience - period. come to think of it, it's kind of my thirties, too lol.

e) "everlong (acoustic)" - the foo fighters. the first time i heard this version of this song, i literally cried. i just love it that much.

5) Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

3 people? heck! i'm passing it on to EVERYONE!