dimanche, février 26

and the streets say - oh i'm on to you

i slept for 11 hours last night - crashed watching grosse point blank before ten pm and didn't open my eyes till after nine this morning. this is due, i think, to seperate yet equally contributing factors. one - my week was nuts and i was physically and mentally exhausted at the end of it. two - i forgot to take my meds yesterday.

see on the picture there? that's my baby warmer which i cannot seem to get rid of. i don't need it - i won't be warming any more babies. however, it does not appear to want to leave me. i guess i should just learn to accept it, become one with it, embrace the babywarmer. should i give it a name? perhaps ferdinand? or adolpho? suzette?

i went to the sister's last night and made chicken korma, papadums, samosas and basmati rice cooked in coconut milk and caradmum. i can't attest to the chicken, but the rest of it was pretty frickin' good. hmm maybe if i stopped cooking with coconut milk i could get rid of adolpho. ferdinand. i mean suzette. worth pondering, i suppose.

i declined any wine. i figured that since it was still emanating my pores from the night before, adding more to the mix would be overkill. i stuck to gingerale, much to the disgust of my dinner companions. sneaking out before they headed to the pub just about caused a mutiny but i was, as previously mentioned, exhausted.

i am on an unscheduled three-day weekend. my boss, who rocks the party, gave me monday off as reward for working my ass off this past little while. so i'm not sure what i'm going to do with myself, except that it will involve things which do not cost too much money, as i really have none to speak of. i guess i could borrow. but since i don't have any real pressing plans, it doesn't seem to be necessary.

my horoscope today talks about approaching romantic interests differently than i have previously - trying new things and blah blah blah. i assent to being caught in a pattern, to being trapped in a place where i date only people from my circle. i just don't really know how to break out of it. don't tell me to take a class - what with yoga starting again i don't have time for more. but i will take suggestions. or if you know cute boys who are single, sane, and in the area, send'em my way, huh?