vendredi, avril 9

home again, home again, jiggity jog

it must be a sign - i stepped out to get timmys this morning (my brother is not a coffee drinker) and came away with a "free donut" roll-up-the-rim. what does this mean? is pg inherently better luck for me than lotusland? should i be looking for permanent employment and decent housing?

i always have such mixed feelings about this place. when i'm in van and am feeling particularly disconnected, i think back on pg and remember the bits and pieces of good things in my life when i lived here and really miss it. then i come back and look around and remember the things that frustrated me beyond belief and am glad to no longer be here.

i think that this spring will bring good changes in my life, though. moving closer to the city (hopefully within a short distance of a good italian deli and a used book store); making my home my own not just a place where i store my stuff; bringing friends into my home again - these things will all go a long way towards making me feel more at "home" in vancouver.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
on a completely different note, i have a bit of a personal dilemma. i have developed a crush on someone who is seriously married. now, karmically speaking, this is something that i sort of promised myself would never happen again. but, crushes are crushes and sometimes you can't do much about them, right? i really need to start getting out more - going to places where decent single straight men congregate. i wonder where that would be? maktaaq- perhaps you and moxee and i should go prowling? there is a serious girls nite out planned for the near future. i think that would be a fine opportunity for such conquests.