samedi, avril 29

be firm and sit in silence

oh i haven't disappeared - i've just been enjoying the conversation in the comments for the last post. sometimes when it is going well i don't want to post again 'cause i hate to interrupt.

so feel free to keep talking, if you want, or start something new here. your pick.

oh man i'm so tired. yesterday i took a personal day and it was supposed to be a restful kinda thing, but i ended up running around going to the dentist, going to valoo village with my lil brother, and then went downtown and ended up sitting and drinking gin with ... well let's call him punk rock boy, shall we? i hung out there till mikeb came to get me for the franz ferdinand concert (and was *loaded* by that point, by the way), hung out at the show, then went back to the prb's house and made out with him. he's very cool - not my usual 'cute', but very cool in personality and life experience. and fuck it he's really cute - just not my usual type.

so i came home at 6.30, then at 9am the mushroom man called me to help him drive to hope. he was too hungover to make it on his own. the irony of the fact that i was possibly the most hungover girl in the world this morning did not escape me, let me tell you. so i drove to hope & back, then helped him run some more errands, then came home for a family dinner out, took a bath, and am now nearly comatose.

and, by the way, can still taste gin.

ew.

concert review -
now keep in mind that i was very drunk, but my general impression of the show is that i much preferred death cab for cutie to franz ferdinand. which, i think, is interesting, 'cause i was initially worried that their sound wouldn't translate well to such a big arena. they were totally fun though - good for them. i'm looking forward to seeing them again at sasquatch. yeah ok that's not much of a review, but shit i'm the sex & dating girl. if you want music reviews / hockey news, go see ridley. mind you, now that he's dating, he may start giving me a run for my money in that arena. perhaps i should expand my horizons.....