dimanche, janvier 11

rainy sunday

so i struggled in the door just a short while ago, after visiting someone i've neglected recently, in light of my delusions of rori-ness. i was distraught to find out that dylan, my most promising booty call prospect, has been transferred to the sunshine coast and is heading off today to sign the papers for his house purchase. so, when he called last nite and invited me over for martinis i leapt at the chance.

he told me that, faced with the relative isolation the sunshine coast, he's taking proposals from his female friends making their case for why he should take them on as wife. his preferred format is, naturally, power point. however, i'm not a big fan of this medium. while i assured him that i was fully fluent in this microsoft wonder (wouldn't want any perceived lack of skills count against me) i would rather state my case, um, in other ways.

well, i can't say that i actually want to get married and move to the sunshine coast, but either way it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

nick also telephoned me last nite... i feel bad cause i called him to see what he was up to,then missed his call back. but i was otherwise occupied by that time and, really, i'm not sure that hanging out with him is an entirely good idea. sure is cute though. soo... maybe i'll call him later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i've more or less decided that hanging out with rori is a waste of my time. he doesn't want a friend, he wants a therapist. i'm not cut out for the work. maybe it's selfish of me - i'm sure it probably is - but at the same time, i just don't want to only be the girl that gets called when your life isn't going well, or when you are feeling blue. i don't mind being there to support my friends, but i do really open my hearts to them. so, it's hard on me when i realize that the friendship is not considered a two way thing. it's not that i like him more than he likes me, it's just that i'm willing to share my affections and he isn't.